SkySail Technologies is looking for a REMOTE Service Desk Technician to help manage client workflow.
The Service Technician will be tasked with managing and facilitating the completion of Customers’ support requests. In addition, this role will also be responsible for managing the Customers’ expectations throughout the process and strive to maintain high Customer Satisfaction levels. The Support delivery area helps shape the customer journey and helps us improve internal and external processes.
Reporting to Operations Manager, indirectly to the Director, this role is located within the Kelowna area and is fully remote. Join a thriving and people based Managed Service Provider in the Okanagan. SkySail is a PEOPLE FIRST organization that takes pride in helping their clients grow and prosper with technology.
- Perform scheduled or reactive remote support services.
- Advise and train Customers on how to use information technology (IT)
- Analyse and solve various IT problems.
- Install and troubleshoot Customers’ IT hardware and software.
- Providing services which are fit for purpose, practical, cost effective, comply with relevant regulatory standards, and comply with WHS and Quality Control requirements.
- Provide regular ticket reviews and reporting to the Operations Manager and Director as required.
- Escalate minor and major moves, adds, or changes to the Professional Services and vCIO departments.
- Provide continuous feedback on; recurring customer issues, customer dissatisfaction, process inefficiencies, lack of documentation, to the other delivery areas as required.
- Maintain high positive Customer and user satisfaction and relationships.
- Stay on top of the development of relevant IT and telecommunication systems, hardware and software applications within the industry.
- Implement, participate and promote Quality Assurance (QA) objectives, processes and procedures of the Company.
- Conduct thorough checking and self-checking of information and documentation.
- Keep documentation accurate and in good order.
- Assist in the training, mentoring and development of staff.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- Liaising with, managing and advising customers, other consultants, and contractors and attending meetings as required.
- Perform other appropriate duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Adopt continuous learning and improvement processes in all aspects of the position.
- Implement, participate and promote Company Policies and Procedures, including Work Health and Safety (WHS) requirements.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Appropriate Driver’s License based on primary role location.
- Computer-related industry certifications.
EXPERIENCE/SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED
- 5 +years previous experience in IT administration and/or technical support experience, or equivalent.
- Strong all-round knowledge of IT and telecommunications infrastructure, hardware and software applications.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of network and workstation operating systems, and Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Demonstrated experience with web and internet technologies.
APTITUDE & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- High level organizational, project management, coordination and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and self-learning.
- Show initiative when undertaking tasks.
- Able to work well both within a team environment and autonomously.
- Good task management and multi-tasking skills.
- High degree of confidentiality & punctuality.
- Ability to take, interpret and follow instructions.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the Company.
- Committed towards undertaking duties efficiently with a strong attention to detail.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Awareness of and ability to work in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
If this sounds like you and you want to work with a thriving organization that helps companies with technology and digital transformation in the beautiful Okanagan area this is for you. Please send your resume and cover letter to us and we will contact all that meet the role qualifications to email@example.com
Please note: Interviews will be conducted via Phone and Zoom. We will be in touch via phone and email.